Sunday, May 29, 2011

Aquaponics Update



Just did a update on YouTube of my aquaponics system
As you can see it has come a long way in the 7 months since I started this project, I am so happy with the results and the production it has given.
It really is no effort to take care of, just feed the fish and watch it grow, thats it!
Have been getting a problem with Aphids and lost a really nice Bok Choy, have tried garlic and olive oil but dose'nt seam to deter them , I am trying to find a supply of Lady bugs here in NSW.
anyway enjoy the video
Dean

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of growth. I am not sure what your level of plant expertise is, but you should possibly cut them back when they start to really spread out. The reason being is because the larger the plant is, the more nutrients it takes away from the fruit. This can be seen when too many crops are planted too close together. A lot of time they won't even produce, because there aren't enough nutrients. I think the best thing to do is research each type of plant you are wanting to grow and learning how and when to trim them back so that they produce the most amount of fruit.

    Overall it is a great project. I think I will do something like this soon. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete